05 July 2006

Composition

So this whole trip I’ve yet to write a well composed post. It seems that I know exactly what I’m going to say until I actually sit down to write it. So here is my earnest attempt at a well written post:
I’ve been so busy with so many things that I can’t seem to sleep normally. It’s that classic problem of the brain not shut up long enough for me to fall asleep. I’ve been inspired by so many things, that I think I’ve only slept for about two hour spurts for the past few days. So it comes as no surprise to me that I have a cough and runny nose now. I thought getting a cold would knock some sense into me and make me tired enough to sleep, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.
I read that article on Congo and ever since I’ve been trying to think of a project or program that would help solve all the suffering going on there. This could be my big Arise project! Also, over the weekend we say the DaVinci Code movie. It’s not as all the reviews make it out to be. Then I decided to read the book. I think that was actually the right order to do it in, then all the surprises in the movie keep it suspenseful enough that you don’t notice the slow explanations. Then you read the book and you get a lot more detail. So now I’m doing all kinds of research about the art, people, symbols, history, and people that the book talks about. I started trying to read the bible again. I’m half way through Deuteronomy. Yeah! That’s a third of the Old Testament! Then, all the grammar that we’ve been learning in the English class that I’m in has got me so confused about English that I’m studying that too. But I can’t help my class mates unless I learn the Japanese equivalents as well. And I also try to remember all the kanji and new words that I learn throughout the day, especially in my contemporary Japanese class. So at school I try to be a sponge and just long term potentiate. Then when I get home all that glutamate has to go somewhere and it gives this huge burst of energy and my synapses must be firing a mile a minute. I also have to keep practicing for a calligraphy test in two weeks (I don’t think I’m getting any better). By the time I finish all that, go to school and meet my social engagements on the weekend, there’s a football game on and I can’t sleep through those!
- 鴻

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home